It’s here! October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month, a month when attention is drawn to the importance of cybersecurity and several initiatives are launched to raise awareness about how critical cybersecurity is to the lives of U.S. citizens.
National Cyber Security Awareness Month is a collaborative effort between the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA), and public/private partners.
So what can we expect this month? Here is a breakdown:
National Cyber Security Awareness Month Summary
- Week 1: Simple Steps to Online Safety (Oct. 2-6)
- Week 2: Cybersecurity at Work (Oct. 9-13)
- Week 3: Today’s Predictions for Tomorrow’s Internet (Oct. 16-20)
- Week 4: Careers in Cybersecurity (Oct. 23-27)
- Week 5: Cybersecurity and Critical Infrastructure (Oct. 30-31)
Each week we need to focus on data protection and safe computing . This is ever so important in today’s interconnected world.
Commit to your security and your patients’ privacy by scheduling a complimentary assessment today . Email us to schedule your time and stay committed to security and compliance.