- Over 8,000 users HIPAA certified
- Complete this HIPAA course online, anytime, anywhere in about 30 minutes
- Take the HIPAA exam and earn a passing score of 80% or higher
- Receive a HIPAA certificate of completion immediately
- Individual and Group accounts
- Bulk pricing available
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a federal law that establishes national standards for protecting the privacy, security, and confidentiality of individuals’ health information. This online course provides an in-depth overview of the HIPAA regulations and guidelines to ensure compliance with the law.
This HIPAA Compliance online course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to HIPAA: Overview of the HIPAA regulations, the purpose of the law, and its impact on the healthcare industry.
- What is HIPAA: Explanation of the Privacy and Security Rule, which sets standards for how healthcare providers and organizations must safeguard patients’ protected health information.
- PHI and Privacy Rights: HIPAA regulations are designed to protect patients’ privacy rights related to their PHI and give them greater control over how their health information is used and shared by healthcare providers and health plans.
- HIPAA Requirements: An annual risk assessment, policies and procedures and annual training is required.
- Protecting PHI: In today’s world, cybersecurity threats are on the rise so how can you protect PHI or ePHI.
- Patients’ Rights:vHIPAA regulations give patients certain rights regarding their protected health information (PHI), such as the right to obtain a copy of their PHI from healthcare providers or health plans and the right to file a complaint with the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office for Civil Rights (OCR).
- HIPAA Violations and Data Breaches: HIPAA violations and data breaches can have severe consequences, including financial penalties, loss of reputation, and legal action. Healthcare providers and organizations must take appropriate measures to ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and protect the privacy and security of patients’ PHI.
Who should take this course:
- Billing companies
- Claims processing and administration firms
- Document and data storage providers
- Medical transcription companies
- Healthcare consulting firms
- IT service providers
- Medical equipment vendors
- Shredding and destruction companies
- Law Firms
- Healthcare software platforms
HIPAA compliance training is not limited to covered entities such as healthcare providers, health plans, and healthcare clearinghouses. HIPAA regulations also require their business associates to comply with HIPAA rules to protect patients’ privacy and security.