Hello from a thawed-out Texas! The past couple weeks of storms, power outages, boiling water, and more have been a strong reminder of the necessity of business continuity and disaster recovery plans. Do you and your employees know how to mitigate the effects of a disaster on business operations – and keep data secure in the process?
What is a Business Continuity Plan?
A business continuity plan contains the procedures to continue business operations with as little disruption as possible in the event of a crisis. You’re trying to solve how you can prevent, mitigate, or otherwise lessen the impact of potential threats to your operations.
Some key considerations for your Business Continuity Plan:
- Where will management and other employees work in the event of a crisis?
- What supplies will be needed to continue operations when you may be relocating?
- What emergency responders, key personnel, and backup site providers would potentially need to be contacted – and who is in charge of doing so?
- What are the critical functions of the business, and what can be implemented to ensure they can be continued with little disruption in the event of a crisis?
What is a Disaster Recovery Plan?
A disaster recovery plan lays out procedures to restore any loss of data after a disruption in the business in order to continue operations. This is related to the IT infrastructure of your business, whereas your business continuity plan concerns all aspects of your company.
Some key points your Disaster Recovery Plan should cover:
- How will your cloud/data can be accessed from remote locations if a disaster occurs?
- How will data will be restored at the appropriate time?
- Who is authorized to access or backup data?
We Can Help!
Our team has 20+ years of experience supporting businesses in creating emergency operational plans, disaster recovery, business continuity plans, and more. Give us a call to discuss what your business needs to keep serving your customers and keep secure in the event of a crisis.
It’s easy to remember to stock up on water and prepare at home for a potential disaster; let us help you prepare your business. The next time there are rolling blackouts, or a flash flood, or whatever else 2021 might have in store, be confident facing it with a thorough plan and a team ready to tackle whatever comes your way.